The Women’s Christian College was established in 1915 in Chennai. The WCC boasts of 11 government aided departments and 11 self-financed departments. It is one of the leading colleges in the country founded with the aim to “provide a complete, meaningful and relevant education to women so that they are intellectually well-trained, morally upright, socially aware and spiritually inspired.” WCC is an autonomous college affiliated to the University of Madras. www.wcc.edu.in admissions gives the details for candidates seeking admission to various courses in the college.
WCC offers several courses which include the following:
- Under graduate programs: B.A English/ History, B.Sc Mathematics/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology/ Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology/ Psychology/ Computer Science/ Home Science
- Post Graduate programs: M.Sc Home Science Food and Nutrition/ Food Service management and dietics/ applied psychology
- Research programs: M.Phil Home Science food and nutrition/ Home Science Food Service Management and Dietetics/ Psychology; PhD Psychology/ Home Science
- Undergraduate Programs:B.Com. General/ Accounting & Finance/ Computer Applications/ Honours, B.B.A., B.C.A., B.A. Corporate Economics, B.Sc. Visual Communication/ Information Technology
- Postgraduate Programs:M.Sc. Mathematics/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Information Technology/ Computer Science & Technology, M.A. Communication/ Human Resource Management/ English/ International Studies, M.Com. General.
- Research Programs:M.Phil. Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Computer Science, Ph.D. Biotechnology
- Under graduate program fee: 200/-
- Post graduate program fee: 250/-
- M.Phil program fee: 300/-
- Hostel: 150/-
- The application fee must be paid online through credit or debit card or other net banking options.
- The candidate must register with a valid Email ID and mobile number.
- The candidate must fill the application form with all the requisite details.
- The candidate must upload all the specified documents. These include the following:
- Scanned copy of a recent passport size photograph in jpg/ jpeg/ gif format in size below 50 KB and dimensions preferably 125 x 165 pixels.
- Scanned copy of the signature of the candidate and parent in jpg/ jpeg/ gif format in size below 20 KB and dimensions preferably 125 x 165 pixels.
- Scanned copy of caste certificate if applicable.
- Scanned copy of the mark sheet of qualifying exam.
For any further details regarding admissions to various courses check the website at www.wcc.edu.in admissions.