Established in 1949 at Ahmedabad, Gujarat University is one of the oldest universities in the country. The Gujarat University has almost 350 colleges affiliated to it, 50 post-graduate centers affiliated to it, 35 post-graduate departments and covering almost eight districts in Gujarat that include Ahmedabad, Kheda, Gandhinagar, Anand, Panchmahal, Vadodara, Mahisagar, Dahod and the 2 Union Territories. GU is a fully equipped university with state of the art facilities and a highly competent faculty that provides the right atmosphere for students to pursue the various programs. The official website www.gujaratuniversity.ac.in gives all the details of admissions.
Here are the details from www.gujaratuniversity.ac.in admission:
Courses: The GU conducts undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and vocational programs. These include BA, B.Sc, B.Com, B.Ed, MA, M.Com, M.Sc, Diploma and certificate courses.
Date of notification of admission: 6th May 2019
Last date to submit an application: 20th May 2019
- The candidate must have passed class 12th from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks for all undergraduate courses.
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree to secure admission to PG course in the relevant subject.
How to apply:
- The candidate must log in to the website gujaratuniversity.ac.in admissions.
- The candidate must fill in all the required details.
- The candidate must upload all the prescribed documents and photograph and submit the completed application.
- The candidate must also pay the prescribed application fee. The application fee can be paid online or by DD.
- Once the merit list is drawn, the candidate if shortlisted can complete the admission formalities by document verification and payment of fees.
- In case of seats that are still vacant in a particular course, a subsequent merit list will be taken out. The candidates need to check the website at gujaratuniversity.ac.in admission for any updates.
The GU admission details and queries can all be clarified at the university website.