NEET Exam Pattern:
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) to grant admission to various under graduate medical course programs in numerous colleges/ institutes across India. These programs include MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS and BSMS. NEET is one of the biggest entrance exams held across India. The NEET exam pattern will help desirous candidates prepare for the exam.
Date of start of registration of application: 2nd December 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 1st January 2020
Date of NEET exam: Last week of May 2020
NEET exam pattern:
- The exam is a pen and paper based offline examination.
- The candidates will be provided with an OMR sheet to mark the answers of the questions asked.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- The total number of questions asked are 180.
- The medium of the exam is as follows:
- The total weightage of the exam is 720 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- Correct answer: + 4 marks
- Incorrect answer: – 1 mark will be deducted
- After the answer key is released and if NTA finds more than one correct answer then the candidate will get + 4 marks.
- If the question is dropped then the candidate gets + 4 marks.
- If no answer is selected the candidate gets 0 marks.
- The candidate must use black/ blue ball point only to answer the questions.
- The exam consists of 4 sections which are as follows:
Syllabus of NEET exam:
The syllabus will comprise of topics studies in class 11th and 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects.