WBCS Exam Pattern:
The West Bengal Civil Services (WBCS) examination is conducted by the West Bengal Public Service Commission for recruiting eligible candidates to the state administrative machinery. The WBCS exam pattern will help candidates prepare for the exam in a systematic manner.
Date of start of registration of application: 5th November 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 25th November 2019
Date of preliminary exam: 9th February 2020
- General/ OBC: 210/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Ex-servicemen: No fee is levied
The WBCS is modelled on the basis of the UPSC Civil Services examination. The WBCS is conducted in 3 stages which includes the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- Personality test/ interview
WBCS Preliminary exam pattern:
- The preliminary exam is a pen and paper based offline examination.
- The candidates are provided with an OMR sheet to mark the answers of the questions asked.
- The preliminary exam consists of 1 paper: General Studies.
- The exam consists of MCQ or multiple choice objective questions.
- The total number of questions that will be asked are 200.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours or 120 minutes.
- The medium of the exam is English/ Bengali.
- The total weightage of the exam is 200 marks.
|English Composition||25||25||2 Hours|
|Current events of National & International Importance||25||25|
|History of India||25||25|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25||25|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25||25|
|Indian National Movement||25||25|
|General Mental Ability||25||25|
WBCS Main exam pattern:
- The main exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions and descriptive questions.
- The exam consists of 8 papers out of which paper 1 and 2 are descriptive papers while the others are objective.
- The medium of the exam is English /Bengali.
|Group ‘A’||Group ‘B’||Group ‘C’||Group ‘D’|
|Language Paper (Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali)||200||200||200||200|
|General Studies – Paper I||200||200||200||200|
|General Studies-Paper II||200||200||200||200|
|Constitution of India and Indian Economy||200||200||200||200|
|Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning||200||200||200||200|
|Optional Subject – (One subject: Two papers of 200 marks each)||400||400||NA||NA|
For further queries regarding the WBCS exam pattern check the website at http://pscwbapplication.in/ .