VITEEE Exam Pattern
Vellore Institute of Technology is one of the most prominent educational institutes. The institute conducts an entrance exam for admission to various undergraduate courses across its campuses. The VITEEE exam pattern will help interested candidates to prepare in a systematic manner for the exam.
Date of start of registration of application: 27th September 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 22nd March 2020
Date of VITEEE: 29th July to 2nd August 2020
VITEEE exam pattern:
- The exam is a computer based online exam.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The medium of the exam is English.
- The exam consists of 5 sections. These include the following:
- Part 1: Maths/ Biology
- Part 2: Physics
- Part 3: Chemistry
- Part 4: English
- Part 5: Aptitude
- The total duration of the exam is 2 ½ hours/ 150 minutes.
- The total number of questions asked are 125.
- The total weightage of the exam is 125 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- Correct answer: +1 marks
- There is no negative marking in the VITEEE.
- The exam will be conducted in 3 sessions at different times of the day. These are as follows:
- Session 1: 9 am to 1130 am
- Session 2: 1230 pm to 3 pm
- Session 3: 4 pm to 630 pm
- The candidate will appear for the exam on the computer and must click on the button “I am ready to begin” to start the exam.
- Once the timer reaches zero the exam will end automatically.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Physics||35||35||Cumulative duration of 2 hours 30 minutes|
|Total||125 Questions||125 Marks||150 minutes|
For any further queries regarding VITEEE exam pattern check the website at www.vit.ac.in .