The University of Kerala was one of the first 16 universities of the country. The University of Kerala was established in the year 1937. It was formerly known as the University of Travancore. The university was established when Kerala was not even in existence. It was known by a different name when it was established as the University of Travancore. It was later named as the University of Kerala.
Over the years, the university has been changed physically and transformed in many ways. When Kerala came into existence, this university was the first university that Kerala had at that time. The University of Kerala is established in the capital city of the state known as Thiruvananthapuram.
The university offers various courses to the students. If the student wishes to study at this university for the PG programme, then the student shall register themselves online. The university has provided the students with application form online on its official website on 1st March 2018. The uploading of application form started from 8th March 2018 till 10th April 2018.
The entrance exam was conducted from 20th till 25th May 2018. The rank list on the basis of the entrance was published on 6th August 2018. And the admission procedure began on 16th August 2018. Admission process will close on 10th September 2018. The application form fees for the students belonging to the General category is Rs. 500, an additional of Rs. 100 will be charged for each additional subject the students chooses.
The application form fees for the SC/ST is Rs. 250. And the additional fees of Rs. 50 for each additional subject. The candidates who do not take admission on the prescribed date and time in the university department will not be later accepted for admissions. If you are interested in taking admission in the university, you may follow the steps below.
1. The candidate is required to click on the link ‘Click here to register’ on the homepage. There he will be required to fill in the personal details.
2. After the first step, the candidate will be provided with an application number and a password. It shall be noted that as soon as the candidates get the password, they must change that. Keep the number and password safe for future purposes.
3. On the same page, the candidates shall be required to give the personal details along with the relevant documents. The documents mentioned and the details given by the candidate shall be true, else the university will reject or cancel the admission.
4. The candidates are requested to use their application number and password to log in. There, they need to make payment for the fee. Fill the registration fee remittance on the page ‘Fee remittance’.
5. The next step is to upload the signature of the candidate and a photo of the same person. Do take care that everything you enter in the form is true.
6. Then the candidate will receive an option to verify the application before submitting the form. The candidate must look at the form carefully and make the required changes in the application form if needed.
7. This step is very crucial as it involves the printing of the application form. This printing of the application form will be of use later. It is a very mandatory step as it serves as a proof of filing of the application form along with the fees.
8. The registration fee has to be transferred to the account number 671532233669 in any of the branches of the State Bank of India using challan that is available in the ‘Download Challan’ link. the link is available on the official website.
Note: It is to be noted that the registration fee is a non-refundable amount.