Top 10 Universities For Master’s in Economics in India:
Economics deals with the elements that influence production, distribution, and consumption of services and goods in an economy. In today’s world, economics is the most relevant area of study to indicate the growth and development of a country. Master’s in Economics is a very popular choice of study for candidates and what better way than to study at the top 10 universities for a master’s in economics in India.
Here is a list of the top 10 universities for Master’s in economics:
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore: The PGP specialization in economics and social sciences is considered to be the best for MA economics in India.
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta: The Post Graduate Program in Management Economics is considered the best in India if you want to pursue Master’s in Economics.
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow: The postgraduate program in management in Business Environment Electives is a specialization if pursuing Master’s in economics.
- Delhi University: The University has many illustrious colleges under its aegis. Colleges like Shriram College of Commerce, Hansraj College, Lady Shriram College, Hindu College, Faculty of Management Studies and many other eminent colleges fall under the Delhi University.
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun: The University conducts a Master’s in Economics program.
- University of Madras: The Madras Christian College conducts a Master’s in Economics program in its campus and is considered to be one of the best. Another feather in the cap of Chennai is the Loyola College whose Master’s in Economics program is much sought after.
- Christ University, Bangalore: The University holds a Master’s in Economics course for its students.
- Presidency University, Kolkata: One of the eminent universities to study economics, the university conducts an entrance exam to grant admission called the PUMDET or the Presidency University Master’s Degree Entrance Test.
- Indian Statistical Institute: The institute is devoted to the teaching and application of statistics and research in social sciences. The admission is based on scores of the qualifying exam.
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research: Funded by the RBI, the university offers masters in economics and other doctoral programs.
There are numerous other colleges and institutions that offer MA in economics but the top 10 universities for masters in economics in India cannot be compared to any other.