Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India:
“Health is wealth,” that is how the age-old adage goes. In the stressful times of today, a health concern is but unavoidable. The secret is to eat healthily and indulge in healthy habits like keeping fit and choosing fit over unhealthy practices. Apart from this to keep the health concerns at bay is having good health insurance. It pays for any medical exigencies incurred by the insured person. If you have health insurance, it helps to reimburse the expenses from any kind of injury or illness. Many times, health insurance is offered by the company as part of the employer benefit package. India has some very competitive health insurance companies that offer the best benefits in case of any surgical or medical expenses incurred if the need arises.
Here is a list of top 10 health insurance companies in India 2019:
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company: It is a collaboration between Munich Health and Apollo Hospitals Group. The company aims to provide the best health cover for its customers which includes lifetime renewals, portability benefits of existing policy and much more.
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company Ltd: The company is a joint venture of ETA Ascon Group, Oman Health Insurance company and a few others. The company provides many health benefits in its health policies like cashless facility, Star NetPlus (HIV+ patients) and Diabetes Safe (for Diabetics) and many others.
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Ltd: The Company is a collaborative venture between Bupa group and Max India Ltd and it offers health insurance policies to people of all age groups.
- SBI General Insurance Company Ltd: The Company is a collaboration between SBI and Insurance Australia Group.
- Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd: A joint venture between Corporation Bank, Religare Enterprises and Union Bank of India resulted in this health insurance company.
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Ltd: Founded in 2014, this health insurance company offers excellent health benefits for its customers.
- Bajaj Allianz General Health Insurance Company Ltd:
The Company is a collaboration between the Indian player Bajaj Finserv Ltd and Allianz SE.
- New India Assurance Company Ltd: A government of India owned enterprise, the company is most popular with people.
- Oriental Insurance Company Ltd: The Company is a public sector company which offers many health benefits. The company doesn’t require any kind of medical examination for its insurers.
- National Insurance Company Ltd: This Company is owned by the government and has a history of 100 years.
Every year the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India or the IRDAI releases a list of the top health insurance companies in India for the benefit of people interested in buying a good health cover for themselves and their families.