Top 10 Government Marine Engineering Colleges in India:
Marine Engineering is an engineering branch that deals with construction, operation, installation and repair of ships and related machinery. Interested candidates can choose marine engineering courses varying from Diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses after passing 10th class, 12th class, and bachelor’s degree respectively. Usually, for undergraduate courses, a candidate has to appear for entrance exams like JEE Main/ IMU CET and for postgraduate courses the candidate has to appear for GATE exam.
Here is a list of the top 10 government marine engineering colleges in India:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Karnataka
- Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training (MANET), Pune
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata
- Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar
- The Institutions of Engineers India, Kolkata
- Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
- Indian Maritime University, Chennai
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Mumbai
The above listed are the top 10 government marine engineering colleges in India. There are numerous private and aided colleges too for interested candidates who want to pursue a career in marine engineering. The profession of a marine engineer though a difficult one as the candidate has to spend months sailing on the ship, has an attractive pay package, making it extremely lucrative as a profession.
Interested candidates must prepare for the written exam to secure admission to these top marine engineering colleges in India. Obtaining a degree of marine engineering from a good college ensures a good quality education base, excellent faculty, and facilities. These colleges provide excellent placement opportunities as well in well-established marine companies. Like any other good engineering college, these top 10 government marine engineering colleges form the crème de la crème of the discipline in India.