Top 10 Government Jobs in India:
The Government of India has an elaborate bureaucratic and administrative set up to help in the smooth functioning and running of the country. The government needs qualified and skilled people to run the state machinery efficiently. These skilled people must comply with the eligibility criteria laid down by the government to fulfill the duties assigned to them on a particular designation. A government job has its own set of perks and privileges. A good pay package, the salary that comes on time, benefits that come with the job, pension and much more.
Here are the top 10 government jobs in India:
- Jobs in Public Sector Undertaking or PSU’s are extremely lucrative. The recruitment of jobs in PSU’s is usually on the basis of a written exam. Organizations like BHEL, Coal India, HPCL, ONGC, and many others give a healthy work environment to its employees.
- Jobs in nationalized banks as PO and others is another extremely attractive government job in India. The perks and benefits are abundant and the work environment is also very healthy. The eligibility criteria are usually a bachelor’s degree and the vacancy is often based on merit in an entrance exam/ interview.
- Defense Services include Air Force, Army, and Navy that offer some of the top government jobs in India. The government provides many benefits and privileges of working in the armed forces. Apart from a good salary, the feeling of serving the country from the front is extremely fulfilling.
- Civil services provide administrative support to the government. These include IAS, IFS, IPS, IRS and many others. The vacancy is based on an elaborate examination system to choose the best of the competitive candidates to help in governance and administration.
- The job of a scientist in government organizations like ISRO, DRDO, ICAR and many others lays the onus to bring about a change for the growth and development of the country.
- State Public service commission also gives job opportunities to people of the various states to help in the running of the state smoothly in sync with the national growth.
- Indian Railways has always been the leading government organization to offer jobs on a large scale. There is usually a written exam/ interview of the job vacancy.
- Government university lecturer/ professor is another job that lures many candidates. Teaching in a government college is a good proposition as it comes with many benefits apart from a good pay scale.
- Jobs in Government hospitals, medical centers, and related organizations as doctors are also much sought after.
- Insurance organizations like LIC and other allied jobs also attract many candidates to jobs in insurance organizations. Each year innumerable candidates apply for jobs in these companies.
The above listed are the top 10 government jobs in India that are still most sought after by a large number of population.