Top 10 Government Engineering Colleges in India:
Engineering is one of the most popular professions chosen by students across India, apart from medical and commerce streams. For pursuing a course in engineering, there are numerous engineering colleges in India, but for some only the best colleges matter. The Government of India has facilitated the education for engineering with its many government engineering colleges spread across the country.
Here is a list of the top 10 government engineering colleges in India:
- IIT, Madras, Chennai
- IIT, Delhi, New Delhi
- IIT, Bombay, Mumbai
- IIT, Kharagpur
- IIT, Kanpur
- IIT, Roorkee
- IIT, Guwahati
- IIT, Hyderabad
- Anna University, Chennai
- NIT, Tiruchirappalli
Interested candidates can gain admission to these top 10 government engineering colleges in India through an all India entrance exam called the JEE or the Joint Entrance Examination. The candidate must appear for the JEE Mains exam after which the candidate must appear for the JEE Advanced exam followed by a counseling/ interview of the candidate. There is strict eligibility criteria laid out for appearing for the JEE Advanced. These are as follows:
- The candidate must clear the JEE Mains paper 1 and should be ranked above 250000 keeping all the categories in mind.
- Though there is no age limit for appearing for JEE Advanced, a candidate older than 25 years can appear for the exam and his admission will be provisional.
- A candidate can attempt to appear for the JEE only twice in two consecutive years.
- The candidate must have passed class 12th in the first attempt with a minimum of 75% marks.
- A candidate is eligible to appear for JEE advanced if they have got admission in the IIT preparatory course. There are a few conditions to this eligibility clause, which can be checked online.
The top 10 government engineering colleges in India are the best not only in the country but also worldwide.