Top 10 Books to Read:
The one thing that matters the most to anyone in the company one keeps. If you feel happy and content in the company of friends and family then you have found your calling. But if you find yourself surrounded by books, a warm throw, a cuppa coffee, and a favorite corner to laze around in, then welcome to the amazing universe of reading. A new day begins with a distinctly new world and each book that you scour is a revelation in itself. The various literary awards are a reflection of the cult of readers who don’t allow this prehistoric art to fade. The top 10 books to read for the season keep varying and then there are some that are the classics that just can’t be ignored.
Here is a list of the top 10 books to read in 2019:
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert: A fun book and a flamboyant read for anyone.
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides: The most captivating thriller that will surprise you with its twisted tale.
- Once More We Saw Stars by Jayson Greene: An emotional memoir of a father who loses a 2-year-old daughter to a freak accident.
- Everything by Jennifer Weiner: The Me Too revolution strikes the literary world with this novel about two sisters who narrate their touching story.
- The Night Tiger by Yangsze Choo: A historical novel set in Malaysia in the 1930s and revolves around a dressmaker and a houseboy whose paths collide.
- Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid: This is a fabulous novel presented as a narrative of interviews about a singer who conquers the radio waves in the ’60s and ’70s.
From the World
- Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams: The book is being lauded as “the Black Bridget Jones.”
- The Confessions of Frannie Langton by Sara Collins: A gripping novel that charts the life of a woman from her dark childhood as a slave to her flight to freedom to England where she is embroiled in a murder trial that has faded from her memory.
- The Wych Elm by Tana French: A brilliant novel about a man’s bruised relationship with himself and the world.
- The Purpose by Mark Haddon: An action-packed novel that mixes and makes a heady concoction of fictional razzmatazz. The story of an incestuous king and an adventure-loving hero.
- A Thousand Ships by Natalie Haynes: The very panoramic retelling of the Illiad, the Greek classic from a woman’s eyes. Calliope is the protagonist of the novel who narrates the entire classic.
Non – Fictional:
- The History of the Bible by John Barton: The book recounts how the Bible was made and it is very intense meaning.
- Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez: The book is an honest take on how and why women are excluded from the many databases and other things designed by men.
- The Heartland by Nathan Filer: An in-depth study of Schizophrenia also known as the heartland of psychiatry.
These are the top 10 books to read this season from the world over. Get a grab of these books and devour them in your favorite settings!