TNPSC Group 4 Exam Syllabus:
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is responsible for conducting the recruitment exam for all vacancies under the state machinery. TNPSC has released a notification regarding the recruitment of eligible candidates for group 4 services. The TNPSC group 4 exam syllabus will help interested candidates to prepare for the recruitment exam in a methodical manner.
TNPSC Group 4 exam pattern:
- The exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The medium of the exam is English/ Tamil.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- The total number of questions asked are 200.
- The total weightage of the exam is 300 marks.
|Subject||Questions||Total marks||Duration||Qualifying marks|
|General studies||75||300||3 hours/ 180 minutes||90|
|General English/ Tamil||100|
TNPSC Group 4 exam syllabus:
- General Science:
- Physics: Physics: Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws-Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories-Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards, and units- Force, motion and energy-Magnetism, electricity and electronics -Heat, light, and sound.
- Chemistry- Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases and salts-Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides.
- Botany – Main Concepts of life science-Classification of living organism-Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
- Zoology – Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system-Environment, ecology, health, and hygiene-Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies-Animals, plants, and human life.
- Current affairs:
- History: Recent diary of events, National symbols, Profile of States, Eminent persons & places in news, Sports & games, Books & authors, Awards & honors, India and its neighbors
- Political Science: Problems in the conduct of public elections, Political parties and political system in India, Public awareness & General administration, Welfare oriented govt. schemes and their utility
- Geography: Geographical landmarks
- Economics: Current socio-economic problems
- Science: Latest inventions in science & technology
- Geography: Earth and Universe, Solar system, Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate, water resources, rivers in India, Soil, minerals & natural resources, Forest & wildlife, Agricultural pattern, Transport including surface transport & communication, Social geography, population – density and distribution, Natural calamities, Disaster Management.
- History and Culture of India and Tamil Nadu: Indus valley civilization – Gupta’s, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas, Age of Vijayanagaram and the Brahmans, South Indian history, Culture and Heritage of Tamil people, India since independence, Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity –race, color, language, custom, India as secular state, Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in Tamil Nadu, Political parties and populist schemes.
- Indian Polity: Constitution of India, Preamble to the constitution, Salient features of constitution, Union, state and territory, Citizenship, Rights amendments and duties, Fundamental rights, Fundamental duties, Human rights charter, Union legislature, Parliament, State executive, State Legislature and assembly, Local government, panchayat raj, Tamil Nadu- Judiciary in India, Rule of law/Due process of law, Elections, Official language and Schedule-VIII, Corruption in public life, Anti-corruption measures, CVC, Lok-adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information, Empowerment of women, Consumer protection forms.
- Indian Economy: Nature of Indian economy, Five- year plan models, Land reforms & agriculture, Application of science in agriculture, Industrial growth, Rural welfare-oriented programmers, Social sector problems, population, education, health, employment, poverty, Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
- Indian National Movement: National renaissance, Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore, Different modes of agitations, Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
- Conversion of Information to Data
- Collection, Compilation and Presentation of Data
- Tables, Graphs, Diagrams
- Analytical Interpretation of data
- Highest Common Factor (HCF) and Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest Area
- Time and Work
- Number Series
- Logical Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning
- Alpha Numeric Reasoning
- Part A – Grammar
- Phrases and Meanings
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Prefix and Suffix
- Question Tag
- Infinitive, Gerund, Participle
- Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb
- Plural Forms
- Simple, Compound and Complex Sentences
- Compound Words
- Part B – Literature
- Figure of Speech in Poems
- Appreciation Questions from
- Poems – Important Lines
- Oscar Wilde
- Dr. Karl Paulnac
- Motivational Essays
- Description of Places
- British English vs. American English
- Part C – Authors and their Literary Work#
- Match Poems with Poets
- Nationality of Story
- Author of Short Story
- Autobiography/ Biography
- Nationality of Poets
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from Indian Authors
- Famous lines, characters, quotes from Julius Caesar and The Merchant of Venice
- Folk Art: Country and/or State
- About Poets
- About Dramatist
- Themes in Literary Works
- Nature centered literary works and Global issue Environment and Conservation.
For any further queries or details regarding TNPSC group 4 exam syllabus check the website at www.tnpsc.gov.in .