TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern:
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is responsible for conducting the TNPSC group 4 examinations which help in recruitment and selection of eligible candidates for various administrative services that come under Group 4. The TNPSC Group 4 exam pattern will help candidates with a methodical preparation of the exam.
- The TNPSC exam is a pen and paper based offline examination.
- The candidates will be provided with an OMR sheet to mark the answers to the questions asked.
- The TNPSC exam comprises of 2 types of question papers. These include the following:
- Type 1: The type 1 consists of MCQ’s based on general studies, aptitude and mental ability and general English.
- Type 2: This question paper consists of MCQ’s based on general studies, aptitude and mental ability and general Tamil.
- The candidate is given the option to choose either of the questions paper.
- The MCQ’s based on general studies and aptitude and mental ability are common for both the types and the candidate must attempt this section of the question paper.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- The total number of questions asked are 200.
- The total weightage of the exam is 300 marks.
- The candidate must secure at least 90 marks in the exam to qualify for the next round.
- There is no negative marking in the TNPSC Group 4 exam.
|Exam Type||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|Objective (OMR)||General Studies (75 items)||75||300||90||3 Hours|
|Aptitude Test (25 items)||25|
General Tamil / General English|
|Total (200 items)||200||300|
For any further details regarding TNPSC exam pattern check the website at www.tnpsc.gov.in .