TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern:
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is responsible for the recruitment of personnel in the various offices and departments of the state administration. The TNPSC Group 1 Exam pattern is similar to the UPSC Civil Services examination.
Here are the details of the TNPSC Group 1 exam pattern:
Group 1 of the TNPSC includes posts of Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner, District Officer and others. The recruitment to Group 1 TNPSC is done on the lines of the Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Exam. The exam comprises of 3 stages which include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- The preliminary exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The prelim exam consists of 1 paper only.
- The total number of questions asked are 200.
- The weightage of the prelims is 300 marks.
- The marking scheme doesn’t include negative marking.
- The prelims comprise of 2 sections, i.e., general studies (150 questions of the graduation standard) and Aptitude and mental ability (50 questions of class 12th standard).
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the prelims is:
- Open category: 120 marks
- Other categories: 90 marks
- The main exam is a pen and paper based descriptive examination.
- The main exam consists of 3 papers.
- The total weightage for the 3 papers is as follows:
- Paper 1: 250
- Paper 2: 250
- Paper 3: 250
- The duration of each paper is 3 hours/ 180 minutes each.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the main exam is as follows:
- Open category: 340
- Other categories: 255
- The interview carries a weightage of 100 marks.
- The interview is conducted by the panel of TNPSC which determines the candidate’s suitability to a career in administration.
For any further details or queries regarding TNPSC group 1 exam pattern check the website at www.tnpscexams.in .