TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern:
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is responsible for conducting the recruitment of eligible candidates to Group 1 services in the state administrative machinery. The TNPSC Group 1 exam pattern will help candidates prepare for the exam meticulously.
The TNPSC conducts the Combined Civil Services Examination 1 is the entry point for Group 1 services. The TNPSC Group 1 exam is conducted in 3 phases. These include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- Personality test
TNPSC Group 1 exam pattern:
- The TNPSC Group 1 exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The exam consists of 1 paper only.
- The exam consists of 2 sections which include General Studies and Aptitude and Mental Ability.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- The total number of questions asked are 200.
- The total weightage of the exam is 300 marks.
- The marking scheme of the preliminary exam does not have any negative marking.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability||25|
|Duration||180 Minutes (3 Hours)|
- The TNPSC Group 1 main exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The exam consists of conventional essay type questions.
- The exam consists of 3 papers, Paper 1, 2 and 3.
- The duration of each paper is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- The weightage of each paper in the exam is 250 marks each.
|General Studies Paper – 1||250|
|General Studies Paper – 2||250|
|General Studies Paper – 3||250|
|Interview and Records||100|
|Duration||3 hours for every paper|