TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission conducts the recruitment exam for all cadres in the state administration. The TNPSC has released a notification for recruitment of eligible candidates to the Group 1 services in the state of Tamil Nadu. The TNPSC Group 1 exam pattern will help the eligible candidates to prepare systematically for the exam.
The Combined Civil Services Examination are conducted by the TNPSC and are the first stage of entry in TNPSC Group 1. The exams are modelled after the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Services Commission.
Date of start of registration of application: 20th January 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 19th February 2020
The TNPSC is conducted in 3 stages. These include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Mains exam
TNPSC Group 1 exam pattern:
- The preliminary exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The exam consists of 1 paper.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The exam is divided into 2 sections which includes general studies, aptitude and mental ability.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- The total number of questions asked is 200.
- The total weightage of the exam is 300 marks.
- The marking scheme does not include any negative marking for incorrect answers.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability||25|
|Duration||180 Minutes (3 Hours)|
- The exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The exam consists of 3 papers.
- The exam comprises of descriptive essay type questions.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes each.
- The total weightage of the exam is 750 marks.
|General Studies Paper – 1||250|
|General Studies Paper – 2||250|
|General Studies Paper – 3||250|
|Interview and Records||100|
|Duration||3 hours for every paper|
For any further details regarding the TNPSC Group 1 exam pattern check the website at www.tnpsc.gov.in .