DIY Dog Bed:
A furry friend can be your best friend. Pets can be in the form of cats, fish, and birds like parrot or canaries, horse, dogs, turtles and many others. Dogs are one of the most common pets worldwide. Pet dogs can be very beneficial for the person who owns the pet. They can be fun partners to play with and can entertain you too. A pet dog provides safety and security for you and your house. Dogs are extremely friendly and lovable. And nothing but the best needs to be given to your pet dog. And if you decide to make a dog bed in a DIY way then you can shower all your love in that way.
A dog bed comes in all shapes and sizes. Choosing a dog bed based on your furry friends dimensions is crucial for their comfort and support. A dog bed becomes your pet dog’s little corner in the world. It is your pet dog’s cushioned space where he cleans himself up and keeps his toys.
Create DIY dog bed
- 1 yard of 60″ wide fabric (or equivalent), PLUS 4 – 4″ x 15″ strips for ties.
- white thread
- 2 standard bed pillows
- Fabric paint
- masking tape (optional)
- sewing machine
- iron/ ironing board
- sewing pins
- sewing scissors
- round foam brush
- tape measure
- Before we get started, launder your fabric to get it prepped for use.
- Once prepped, you are going to fold in your 36″ edgestwice in 1″ Then iron down the folds to hold them in place. Lastly, pin and stitch down in a box format.
- Next, you are going to create your ties. Fold a short edge down ½” and iron down. Then, fold each long edge in to the center and iron. Last, fold each folded long edge inward to center and iron. Pin to secure and stitch around open edges.
- After you’ve created your ties, attach them to the pillow case. Line the unfinished edge with the bottom of the folded insideedge of the pillow case and pin to secure. Do a box stitch to attach them to the pillow case. Now, all you need to do is fold the bag in half with right sides facing, line up top edges, pin, and sew a ½” seam up the sides as shown.
- Stuff it with the two bed pillows and your pet bed is done!
And as every pet dog parent knows, a DIY dog bed that keeps your furry friend happy is all that brings a smile on your face too.