SSR Exam Pattern:
The Indian Navy has released a notification inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Sailor – Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR). Eligible candidates must register themselves and have to sit for an all India entrance exam held for SSR. The SSR exam pattern is released for the candidates to prepare methodically.
Here are the details of the SSR exam pattern:
Date of start of application form: 8th November 2019
Last date to submit the application: 18th November 2019
- Age: The candidate must be born between 1st August 2000 and 31st July 2003. This is inclusive of both the dates.
- Education: The candidate must have passed class 12th from a recognized board and school with Maths and Physics as compulsory subjects and at least one of the following subjects too: Biology/ Chemistry/ Computer Science.
The selection criteria of SSR exam is on the basis of state wise merit secured in the written exam and the PFT and medicals subsequently. The SSR exam is divided into 3 sections. These include:
- Written test
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Medical Test
- The SSR exam is a computer based online examination.
- The medium of examination is English and Hindi.
- The exam comprises of multiple choice objective questions.
- A total of 100 questions are asked in the SSR exam.
- The duration of the SSR exam is 1 hour.
- The SSR Exam is divided into 4 sections. These include:
- General awareness
- The syllabus is equivalent to the class 12th syllabus.
- The marking scheme involves negative marking for the SSR exam.
- Correct answer: +1 mark
- Incorrect answer: -0.25 marks
- The candidates must pass in all the sections in aggregate.
- The PFT or the Physical Fitness Test is compulsory for all candidates. It includes the following:
- 1.6 km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 squat ups.
- 10 push-ups.
- For details on the medical standards check the website of the Indian Navy.
For further details or queries regarding the SSR exam pattern check the website at www.joinindiannavy.gov.in .