SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern:
The Staff Selection Commission conducts the recruitment exam for selecting eligible candidates to Grade C and D stenographers in the various government departments and offices. The SSC Stenographer exam pattern will help candidates prepare for the exam in a systematic manner.
Date of start of registration of application: 20th September 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 18th October 2019
Date of SSC Stenographer exam: 10th to 12th September 2020
|Male (General/ OBC)||100/-|
|Female (All Category)||No Fees|
|SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/ Persons with Disability||No Fees|
- The application fee must be paid online through credit or debit card or other net banking options.
- The application fee can be also paid through bank challan of SBI.
The SSC Stenographer exam comprises of 2 phases. These include the following:
- Written exam
- Skill test
SSC Stenographer written exam pattern:
- The exam is a computer based online examination.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The medium of the exam is English.
- The exam consists of 3 sections which includes the following:
- English language and comprehension
- General awareness
- Reasoning and mental ability
- The total number of questions asked are 200.
- The total duration of the exam is 2 hours/ 120 minutes.
- The total weightage of the exam is 200 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- For Every Correct answer: + 1 mark
- For Every Incorrect answer: – 0.25 marks will be deducted
|S. No.||Subject Details||Number of Questions||Number of Marks||Time Duration|
|1||General Intelligence (Reasoning Questions)||50||50||2 Hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH/OH)|
|3||English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
SSC Stenographer Skill Test pattern:
- Candidates who secure the minimum merit cutoff in the written exam are shortlisted for the skill test.
|Skill Test||Stenographer Grade C||Stenographer Grade D|
|Speed||100 words per minute||80 words per minute|
|Time to transcribe the dictation||50 min (English)||40 min (English)|
|65 min (Hindi)||55 min (Hindi)|
For any further details regarding SSC Stenographer exam pattern check the website at www.ssc.nic.in .