SSC Phase 8 Exam Pattern:
Staff Selection Commission regularly conducts recruitment drives for various vacancies in the government machinery. SSC has released a notification for the recruitment of phase 8 examination. SSC has announced 1355 vacancies in the phase 8 recruitment. The SSC Phase 8 exam pattern will help eligible candidates to prepare for the exam in a methodical manner.
Date of start of registration of application: 21st February 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 20th March 2020
Date of exam: 10th to 12th June 2020
SSC phase 8 exam pattern:
- The SSC phase 8 exam is a computer based online exam.
- The exam consists of MCQ (multiple choice objective questions).
- The exam consists of 4 sections which include general intelligence, general awareness, quantitative aptitude and English language.
- The total number of questions that will be asked is 100.
- The total weightage of the exam is 200 marks.
- The duration of the exam is 1 hour or 60 minutes.
- The medium of the exam is Hindi or English.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- For every Correct answer: + 2 marks.
- For every Incorrect answer: – ½ marks will be deducted.
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||No of Marks||Total Duration|
|A||General Intelligence||25||50||60 Minutes (80 minutes for candidates eligible for scribes as per paras 8.1 and 8.2.|
|C||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|D||English Language(Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
The SSC Phase 8 recruitment exam is conducted for various levels of educational qualification from Matriculation, Higher Secondary, Graduation and others. The syllabus varies for each level. The candidates will have to appear for skill tests which include Typing/Data Entry/Computer Proficiency Test and others. These will be of qualifying nature. Candidates will be selected on the basis of the merit secured in the Computer Based Examination. The SSC Phase 8 exam pattern is crucial for the meticulous preparation of the exam.