SSC CHSL Exam Pattern:
The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) examination for the recruitment of eligible candidates to various posts in the government machinery. The SSC CHSL has released a notification regarding the postponement of the SSC CHSL exam. The SSC CHSL exam pattern helps in the systematic preparation of the exam.
Date of start of registration of application: 3rd December 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 10th January 2020
The SSC CHSL exam consists of 3 tiers, these include:
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3
SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam pattern:
- The exam is a computer based online examination.
- The exam consists of MCQ or multiple choice objective questions.
- The duration of the exam is 1 hour or 60 minutes.
- The total number of questions that willl be asked is 100.
- The total weightage of the exam is 200 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- For every Correct answer: + 2 marks
- For every Incorrect answer: – 0.5 marks will be deducted
- The exam consists of various sections which include the following:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 exam pattern:
- The exam is a pen and paper based offline examination.
- The exam consists of descriptive/ subjective questions.
- The writing skills of the candidate are assessed in the exam.
- The candidate is required to write an application/ letter and an essay on the given topics.
- The medium of the exam is English/ Hindi.
- The essay should consist of 200 to 250 words.
- The letter/ application should consist of 150 to 200 words.
- The duration of the exam is 1 hour/ 60 minutes.
- The total weightage of the exam is 100 marks.
|SSC CHSL Tier-II Sections||Word Limit||SSC CHSL Tier-II Maximum Marks|
SSC CHSL Tier 3 exam pattern:
- The tier 3 exam is a skill test conducted for Data Entry Operator (DEO) and a typing test is conducted for Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA), Sorting Assistant (SA)
DEO skill test
|SSC CHSL Posts||Expected Data Entry Speed (in key-depressions)||Number of Key-Depressions Given|
LDC/ JSA/ PA/ SA Typing test
|Mode of Typing in SSC CHSL Typing Test||Expected Typing Speed in SSC CHSL Typing Test|
|English||35 words per minute|
|Hindi||30 words per minute|
For other details regarding SSC CHSL exam pattern check the website at https://ssc.nic.in/ .