SSC CHSL Exam Pattern:
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is responsible for conducting the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) examination. The SSC CHSL exam pattern will help candidates prepare for the exam in a methodical manner.
Date of start of registration of application: 3rd December 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 10th January 2020
Last date to pay fees online: 12th January 2020
Last date to pay fees through challan: 16th January 2020
Date of Tier 1 exam: 17th to 28th March 2020
Date of Tier 2 exam: 28th June 2020
Mode of application: Online
The SSC CHSL exam is conducted in 3 phases. These include the following:
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3
SSC CHSL exam pattern:
Tier 1 exam:
- The Tier 1 exam is a computer-based online examination.
- The exam consists of multiple-choice objective questions (MCQ).
- The medium of the exam is English/Hindi.
- The exam consists of 4 sections.
- The total duration of the exam is 1 hour or 60 minutes.
- The total number of questions that will be asked are 100.
- The total weightage of the exam is 200 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- For every Correct answer: +2 marks
- For every Incorrect answer: -0.50 marks will be deducted
- Scores obtained by candidates will be normalized by the SSC using the formula as published.
|SSC CHSL Computer Based Exam (Tier-I)||Subjects||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration (For all four Parts)|
|17th to 28th March 2020||Part I – English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25/50||60 Minutes (80 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribes)|
|Part II – General Intelligence & Reasoning||25/50|
|Part III – Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25/50|
|Part IV – General Awareness||25/50|
Tier 2 exam pattern:
- The Tier 2 exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The exam consists of descriptive questions.
- The exam consists of essay writing and letter/ application writing.
- The total duration of the exam is 1 hour/ 60 minutes.
- The medium of the exam is English/ Hindi.
- The candidate must secure at least 33% marks to pass the exam.
- The total weightage of the exam is 100 marks.
|Topic||Word Limit||Maximum Marks|
Tier 3 exam pattern:
- The tier 3 exam is a skill test/ typing test conducted for candidates who qualify in the Tier 1 and 2 exams.
- The Tier 3 scores will not be considered in the final merit list of selectd candidates.
- Typing test:
- English typing: 35 words per minute
- Hindi typing: 30 words per minute
- Skill test: The data entry speed should be at least 8000 key depressions per hour on the computer.
For any further details regarding the SSC CHSL exam pattern check the website at www.ssc.nic.in .