SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern:
The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for recruitment of candidates to Grade B and C in the various government offices, departments, and ministries. The SSC CGL exam is held in 4 tiers/ stages. The SSC CGL Tier 1 exam pattern will help candidates take the first plunge in a systematic manner.
Here are the details of the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam pattern:
Date of release of notification: 22nd October 2019
Date of start of registration of application: 22nd October 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 25th November 2019
Date of SSC CGL Tier 1 exam: 2nd to 11th March 2020
Date of SSC CGL Tier 2 and 3 exam: 22nd to 25th March 2020
The SSC CGL exam comprises of 4 tiers/ stages. These include the following:
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3
- Tier 4
The first two are computer-based objective online examinations while the latter 2 are pen and paper-based descriptive examination.
SSC CGL Tier 1 exam pattern:
- The SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is a computer-based online examination.
- The exam consists of MCQ (multiple choice objective questions).
- The exam comprises of 4 sections which include general intelligence and reasoning, general awareness, quantitative aptitude, and English comprehension.
- The total number of questions asked is 100.
- The total weightage of the Tier 1 exam is 200 marks.
- The marking scheme includes negative marking and is as follows:
- Correct answer: +2 marks
- Incorrect answer: – 0.25 marks
- The duration of the exam is 1 hour or 60 minutes.
- The time for visually handicapped and candidates suffering from cerebral palsy is 1 hour 20 minutes or 80 minutes.
|Serial No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||A cumulative time of 60 minutes|
For any other details regarding the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam pattern check the website http://ssc.nic.in .