SSC CGL Syllabus:
The Staff Selection Commission under the Government of India, is responsible for conducting the Combined Graduate Level examination. The SSC CGL exam is conducted in 4 tiers which include Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4. The SSC CGL syllabus will help candidates prepare for the exam in a methodical manner.
Type of Exam||
Mode of Exam|
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based Online exam|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based Online exam|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/ Hindi||Pen and Paper based Offline exam|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test: Data Entry Speed Test (DEST)/ Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)||Wherever Applicable (Not necessary for all the post)|
|Document Verification||Applicable for all|
SSC CGL syllabus:
SSC CGL Tier 1:
- The Tier 1 exam is an online exam and consists questions based on the following:
- English Comprehension
- General knowledge
- General reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Paper Folding Method||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One word Substitution|
|Word Formation||Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
|Venn Diagram||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Error Spotting|
|Direction and Distance||People in the News||Number System||Fill in the Blanks|
|Verbal reasoning||Economic||Time and Work|
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||Awards and Honors||Algebra|
SSC CGL Tier 2:
- The SSC CGL Tier 2 exam is an online exam and consists of questions on the following topics:
- English Language and Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
- General Studies (Economics and Finance)
|Quantitative Aptitude||English Language & Comprehension||Statistics||General Studies: Finance and Economics|
|Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Collection and Representation of Data||Finance and Accounting|
|Interest||Spelling||Measure of Dispersion||Fundamental Principles|
|Averages||Fill in the Blanks||Measure of Central Tendency||Financial Accounting|
|Percentage||Phrases and Idioms||Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis||Basic Concepts of Accounting|
|Ratio and Proportion||One Word Substitution||Correlation and Regression||Self-Balancing Ledger|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Sentence Correction||Random Variables||Forms of Market and price determination in different markets|
|Number System||Error Spotting||Random Variables||Theory of Production and cost|
|Mensuration||Cloze Test||Sampling Theory||Economics and Governance|
|Data Interpretation||Para Jumbles||Analysis and Variance||Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|Time and Work||Synonyms-Antonyms||Time Series Analysis||Finance Commission|
|Algebra||Active-Passive Voice||Index Number||Theory of Demand and Supply|
SSC CGL Tier 3:
- The SSC CGL Tier 3 exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The medium of the exam is English/ Hindi.
- The exam consists of descriptive questions.
- The candidate must write an essay/ letter/ application/ precis on the given topic.
SSC CGL Tier 4:
- Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) requires candidates to type 2000 words in 15 minutes in English on the computer.
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) examines the candidate’s proficiency in generation of slides, spreadsheets and word processing.
For any further queries regarding SSC CGL syllabus check the website at https://ssc.nic.in/ .