SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2019:
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examination for appointment to various Grade ‘B’ and ‘C’ posts in the numerous government departments and ministries. The SSC CGL examination is a 4 tier examination. The SSC CGL exam pattern 2019 helps the candidates to prepare in a methodical manner for the exam.
Here are the details of the SSC CGL exam pattern 2019:
Date of release of notification are from 22nd October 2019
Date of start of registration are from 22nd October 2019
Last date to submit completed application are from 25th November 2019
SSC CGL Tier 1 exam are from 2nd to 11th March 2020
SSC CGL Tier 2 and 3 exam are from 22nd to 25th March 2020
SSC CGL Tier 4 exam: To be notified
- General/ OBC: 100/-
- SC/ ST/ PH: Nil
- Female candidates: Nil
SSC CGL exam pattern 2019:
The examination consists of 4 Tiers which are as follows:
|I||Computer based examination|
|II||Computer based examination|
|III||Pen-and-paper based examination (Descriptive paper)|
|IV||Computer proficiency test/ skill test (if applicable)/ document verification|
|A||General Intelligence Reasoning||25||50||1 Hour (1 hour 20 minutes for VH/ OH: afflicted with Cerebral Palsy/ deformity in writing hand)|
- The Tier I exam is a CBT and consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The duration of the exam is 1 hour/ 60 minutes.
- The marking scheme include negative marking
Incorrect answer: -0.50 marks will be deducted.
|Paper||Subject||Questions||Marks||Duration||Validity of paper|
|I||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours for each paper [2 hours 40 minutes for VH/ OH: afflicted with Cerebral Palsy/ deformity in writing hand)||Mandatory for all vacancies|
|II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200||Mandatory for all vacancies|
|III||Statistics||100||200||Valid for candidates applying for Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and are shortlisted in tier-I for this post/ paper|
|IV||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||Valid for candidates applying for Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer and are shortlisted in tier-I for this post/ paper|
- The examination is a CBT and consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours/ 120 minutes.
- The marking scheme include negative marking.
Paper I: -0.50 marks
Paper II: -0.25 marks
Paper III: -0.50 marks
Paper IV: -0.50 marks
|Tier||Mode of Exam||Exam Description||Marks||Duration|
|III||Pen-and-paper||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.)||100||1 Hour (1 Hour 20 Minutes for candidates afflicted with Cerebral Palsy/ deformity in writing hand)|
- The Tier III exam is a pen and paper based exam which is subjective and descriptive in nature.
- The duration of the exam is 1 hour or 60 minutes.
- The medium of the exam is Hindi and English.
The Tier IV exam is a skill based test which is conducted in 2 ways:
- Data Entry Skill Test (DEST): candidates need to type at 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depression per hour on computer. The skill test will be conducted for a passage of about 2000 key depressions for a duration of 15 minutes. The test is of qualifying nature.
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT): The test is of qualifying nature and consists of three modules:
• Word Processing
• Spread Sheet
• Generation of Slides
For any further details or queries regarding SSC CGL exam pattern 2019 check the website at http://ssc.nic.in .