Southern Railway Recruitment 2020:
The Sothern Railways recruitment 2020 has been notified in the employment news and the major dailies in all cities along with the website of the Southern Railways. These have been released in three notifications numbered as No. SGW/P.98/Vol XXI / Act Apprentices, second is No. GPB (A)-128-Act-Engg-29, and the third is No. CPB/P1/98/Act/TP/Vol XXI. In all, there are close to 3585 vacancies for recruitment.
Here are the details of the Southern Railways recruitment 2020:
- The signal and telecommunication workshop require apprentices in different trades for a total of 1,654 vacancies. In fresher categories there are 43, signal and telecommunication workshop Podanur Coimbatore has 52 vacancies, Trivandrum division has 683, then Palaghat division consists of 666 seats, and Salem division has 210.
- The central workshops require for personnel branch, Ponmalai, Trichy has 667 vacancies. 308 vacancies are earmarked for freshers and ITI candidates for central workshop Ponmalai. 259 vacancies are for ITI candidates for Tiruchirapalli division and 100 seats for ITI candidates in Madurai division.
- The Carriage and wagons works personnel branch Chennai has 1,208 vacancies which includes 80 for freshers. Railway hospital Perambur, has 20 vacancies for medical laboratory technician. There are 1108 vacancies in ex ITI category. There are 384 vacancies for carriage and wagon works Perambur, 130 for electrical workshop Perambur, 214 for loco works Perambur, 67 for engineering workshop Arakkonam, 74 for Chennai division RS/AJJ, 102 for Chennai division RS / AVD, 60 for Chennai division RS/TMB, 9 in Chennai division DSL/TNP, 38 vacancies in Chennai division CW/BBQ, 27 in Chennai division RS/RPM, 3 in Railway hospital Perambur.
Date to apply for the vacancies: 1st December 2019
Last date to apply for the vacancy: 31st December 2019 till 1700 hrs.
- General: 100/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Women: No application fee
- The application fee must be paid online through credit or debit card or other net banking options.
- The minimum age limit for a candidate is 15 years.
- The maximum age limit for fresher’s and ex ITI is 22 years
- The maximum age limit for MLT is 24 years.
- The age relaxation rules will apply to the particular candidates as per the regulations of the Government of India.
- The candidate must have passed class 10th with a minimum 50% marks in aggregate under the 10+2 system from a recognized school.
- The candidate must have passed ITI course in the relevant trade from a recognized institute.
- The candidate must have passed class 12th with PCB for MLT vacancy.
Selection procedure: The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their academic qualifications and achievements. The shortlisted candidates will be called for document verification. The candidate must apply online for the various vacancies at the Southern Railway official website www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in
The Southern Railways recruitment 2020 details must be applied online and the details can be checked online.