Indian Forest Service Exam Pattern:
The Indian Forest Service exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to recruit eligible candidates for the Forest services in the country. The Indian Forest Service exam pattern will help candidates prepare for the exam in a meticulous manner.
Date of start of registration of application: 12th February 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 3rd March 2020
Date of preliminary exam: 31st May 2020
Date of main exam: 1st December 2020
The Indian Forest Services recruitment consists of 3 stages. These include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Mains exam
Preliminary Indian Forest Service exam pattern:
- The exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- Candidates will be given an OMR sheet to mark the answers to the questions asked.
- The exam will consist of MCQ (multiple choice objective questions).
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours/ 120 minutes each.
- The exam will consist of 2 papers, these are as follows:
- Paper 1 General Knowledge
- Paper 2 General Studies
- The total number of questions asked is 200 each.
- The total weightage of the exam is 200 marks each.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the preliminary exam is 33%.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- For every Correct answer: + 1marks
- For every Incorrect answer: – 1/3rd marks will be deducted.
Mains Indian Forest Service exam pattern:
- The exam is a pen and paper based offline examination.
- The exam consists of 2 compulsory papers and 4 optional papers.
- The d
- The compulsory exam papers consist of the following:
- Paper 1 General English
- Paper 2 General Knowledge
- The optional exam papers consist of 4 papers of 2 optional subjects. These are as follows:
- Paper 3
- Paper 4
- Paper 5
- Paper 6
- The total weightage of the exam is 1400 marks.
- Paper 1: 300 marks
- Paper 2: 300 marks
- Paper 3: 200 marks
- Paper 4: 200 marks
- Paper 5: 200 marks
- Paper 6: 200 marks
- The medium of the exam is Hindi/ English.
For any further details regarding Indian Forest Service exam pattern check the website at www.upsc.gov.in .