As the name suggests here in this article we would be discussing RTO Vehicle Registration Information.
About RTO Vehicle Information : Parivahan Sewa
It is a Govt. of India initiative, launched through the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
This information can also be accessed online from the portal:
To use this portal you need to enter Vehicle Registration Number along with a Verification Code and press check status button.
It will give you the below vehicle registration details in a matter of few seconds:
- Registering Authority Name
- Registration Number
- Chassis Number
- Owner Name
- Vehicle Class
- Maker / Model
- Fitness Upto
- Fuel Norms
- Vehicle Registration Date
- Fuel Type
- Insurance Upto
- Vehicle Registration City
- App Model
Note : Above fields contain all the fields in total, that are displayed when you access the vehicle information details through both app and portal.
- There are numerous apps available on playstore for smartphones with all types of Operating Systems Supported like:
- iOS and
How to errors / discrepancy corrected
- It will verify for you vehicle registration details, the person’s name on which vehicle has been registered. If you find any discrepancy in any of the fields, then you can immediately report it to the Vahan RTO, India with the proof documents for necessary corrections.
- Do carry two sets of Xerox of originals along with the Original documents when you go for this job. They will cross check your claims with their database and afterwards doing the necessary procedure they will submit the necessary set of xerox documents and give you an acknowledgement slip containing the reference number as a proof for your request acceptance.
This facility gives you all Indian RTO’s registration number verification at one place.
Procedure to use this app
- Type in your Vehicle’s first six letters (e.g. AP02AB) in the first box.
- Now type in the four-digit numeric vehicle Number in the second box (e.g. 1234)
- Click on the button “Check RC Status” and it will show you all the details related to the vehicle.
The ways this RTO Vehicle Information helps a traveller or passenger or the government authorities to do their job in a better and speedy manner:
It helps one in many ways and even in the case of a:
- Police investigation of an accident
- Retrieving information about a vehicle that is related or has been used to commit crime.
Witnesses usually remember the initial area code letters, which makes it easy for investigating authorities to narrow down the suspect vehicles to a much smaller number through the service without the need of knowing full registration number of the vehicle.
RTO Registration number verification is also a requirement during a new vehicle sale or ownership transfer of an on-road vehicle.
Also with the use of this service as a vehicle information tracker, you can find:
- Your own city
- Registration details of a Vehicle in a picnic or a tour spot.
Some more benefits of using RTO vehicle information app:
- You can easily find out whose unknown car is parked in your parking area.
- Who owns the car that does daring but threat to the public stunts in your locality, so that you can confront him in person or report it the local police with specific information, so that they can take immediate action.
- People who are in the business vehicle resale business can be sure of the documents and ownership.
- People who buy second hand vehicles can be sure about the fact the person who is selling you the car is providing you the right ownership details.
- Keep yourself informed about the owner of stray and suspicious vehicles that are lying close to your home/office or building
States whose RTO information database is accessible through this service:
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
Point To Remember :
Vehicle Registration Information provided here is sourced from the Government Deptts. and displayed in as it is form. In case you wish to use this information for a legal purpose, then get this data from the respective / related government authority or State RTO.