RTE Admission 2020-21 Tamil Nadu:
With a view to promoting the fundamental right of education to one and all, the Right to Education (RTE) has been implemented across all states. The RTE admission 2020-21 Tamil Nadu has been notified on the official website of the Education department, the state government of Tamil Nadu.
Date of start of registration of application: 15th May 2020 after 2:30 pm.
Last date to submit completed application: Will be notified
According to the RTE act 2009, there will be a 25% reservation of seats for children from the economically weak sections of the society in reputed schools of the state. The RTE admission will be available for primary classes that includes Nursery, LKG, UKG and Class 1. The application will be available online and must be filled online with all the requisite details.
- The applicant must be a permanent domicile/ resident of the state.
- The annual family income of the applicant must not exceed 2 lakhs per annum.
- The applicant must belong to the SC/ ST/ EWS/ OBC category.
- The age of the applicant must be between 6 years to 14 years.
- Age limit:
- For admission to class 1 the candidate must have been born between 2nd August 2013 and 1st August 2014, inclusive of both the dates.
- For admission to LKG the candidate must have been born between 1st August 2015 and 8th August 2016, inclusive of both the dates.
Admission registration procedure:
- The applicant must click on the registration button on the website of RTE Tamil Nadu.
- The applicant must register with a valid email ID and mobile number along with other vital details.
- The application form must be filled with all the requisite details and the specified documents must be uploaded in the specified format.
- The following documents must be uploaded:
- Certificate of birth of the candidate.
- Caste certificate if applicable
- Disadvantages group Special Category certificate if applicable
- Certificate of domicile
- Certificate of income
- A copy of Aadhar card/ ration card of parents
- Recent Passport size photograph.