RRB Group D Exam Pattern:
Indian Railways is one of the biggest networks of railways in the world. The Railway Recruitment Board is responsible for conducting all the recruitment drives of eligible candidates in the various branches of the railways. The RRB Group D exam is one such that aims to choose candidates for various posts that include Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant Pointsman in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix in various departments of Indian Railways. The RRB Group D exam pattern will help candidates prepare well for the exam.
The Railway Recruitment Cell has released a notification regarding 1,03,769 vacancies. The selection procedure comprises of 3 stages. These include the following:
- Computer based examination
- Physical Efficiency test
- Verification of documents
- Medical examination
- The candidate must be citizen of India.
- The candidate must be at least 18 years of age and must not exceed 33 years.
- Age relaxation should be as on 1st July 2019:
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- PwD: 10 years
- The candidate must have passed class 10th from a board/ school recognized by NCVT/ SCVT.
RRB Group D exam pattern:
- The RRB Group D exam is a computer based online examination.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The medium of the examination is 15 languages.
- The duration of the exam is 1 ½ hours/ 90 minutes.
- The total number of questions asked are 100.
- The total weightage of the exam is 100 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- Correct answer: +1 marks
- Incorrect answer: -1/3rd marks will be deducted.
- The exam consists of 4 sections which are as follows:
- General Science
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness and Current affairs
|Sections||Number of questions|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||20|
- A minimum qualifying cut off is released by the RRB’s which is a follows:
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||30%|
For any further details regarding the RRB Group D exam pattern check the official website of the 21 RRB’s.