Presidency College Kolkata Admission 2020:
One of the premier educational institutions modeled at imparting western type higher education, the Presidency College finds its roots in the year 1817. Deeply rooted, the university has over the year been offering high-quality education to its students while preserving the traditions of research. It was in the year 2010 that the Presidency College Kolkata was established by an act of law as a public institution of learning. The Presidency College Kolkata admission 2020 has been notified by the university.
The Presidency College offers admission to various undergraduate which includes BA (H) and B.Sc (H) and postgraduate courses like MA, M.Sc in regular mode. The application form for admission to these courses is to be filled online at the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) website. Admission to undergraduate courses is on the basis of the Presidency University Bachelor Degree Entrance Test (PUBDET) while admission to a postgraduate course is on the basis of the Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test (PUMDET) both conducted by WBJEEB. Admission is granted on the basis of merit scored by the candidate in PUBDET/ PUMDET examinations. Shortlisted candidates are called for counseling and interviews. A final list of selected candidates for presidency University is released online.
Admission to PhD candidates is on the basis of merit secured by the candidate in CSIR NET / UGC NET. Shortlisted candidates are called for interview convened by the admission committee.
|Application (UG)||06 Jan – 09 Feb, 2020|
|Entrance Exam (PUBDET)||11 Apr – 12 Apr, 2020|
|Application (PG)||12 Mar – 26 Mar, 2020|
|Entrance Exam (PUMDET))||21 Jun, 2020|
Under graduate courses:
- The candidate must have pass class 12th with a minimum 5 subjects along with English.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of 2 honors programs only.
- The merit list will be based on the summation of the aggregate percentage marks of the top four subjects, excluding Environmental Science/Education), received at the 10+2 level as well as the marks obtained in the University entrance test.
Post Graduate courses:
- The candidate must have completed his graduation from a recognized college/ university with the minimum prescribed marks.
- The merit list will be based on the marks the candidate secure in PUMDET.
- Shortlisted candidates in the General Merit Rank List will be called for counselling.
For any other queries or details about Presidency College Kolkata admission 2020, candidate can check the website of WBJEEB or Presidency College at www.presiuniv.ac.in .