Places to Visit Near Coimbatore:
Kovai, Koyamuthur are the many names that Coimbatore is known as. The Manchester of the East, Coimbatore has the distinction of being the largest exporter of cotton garments, jewelry, poultry, wet grinders, auto components, and many other things. Apart from these, there are numerous places to visit near Coimbatore that make the visit to the city worthwhile.
Here is a list of places to visit near Coimbatore:
- Catherine Falls: The falls are 2 tiered and cascade through a height of 250 feet. Situated on the Kotagiri – Mettupalayam road.
- Annamalai Tiger Reserve: It is a protected reserve in area 950 sq km that has wildlife bustling in all corners. From tigers, leopards, langurs, spotted deer, elephants, crocodiles and many others.
- Silent Valley National Park: Part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve is a unique ecosystem. Some unique flora and fauna along with beautiful weather make the Silent Valley National Park.
- Ketti Valley: Part of the Nilgiri’s, Ketti Valley is surrounded by tea plantations and picturesque surroundings. Just about 76 kms from Coimbatore the Ketti Valley offers a beautiful train ride in the Nilgiri Mountain Railway and much more.
- Malampuzha Dam and Gardens: Located in the Western Ghats, Malapuzha is a beautiful quaint town. The town has the Malapuzha Dam with a spectacularly manicured garden designed with materials like used bottles, tiles, plastics and cans. A must visit if you are in the vicinity of the place.
- Beypore Beach: The beach located at the mouth of the Chaliyar River was a thriving port in ancient times. The Pulimoodu Bridge is another major attraction to visit here.
- Other places include Amravathi Dam, Coonor, Vaidehi Falls, Ooty, Siruvani Falls, and others.
Coimbatore is surrounded by places of interest that are naturally endowed, historically enriching and offer a getaway from city life. the places to visit near Coimbatore fill the air around with the fragrance of coffee, tea, spices, eucalyptus and so much more.