Places to Visit in Thekkady:
The brightest green, the lush and the dense forest cover, natural magnificence, thriving wildlife far away from the concrete jungles, the aroma of spices and tea and coffee rising up and filling the surrounding air is what makes Thekkady so special. The places to visit in Thakkady are for real and not out of some natural history book or a show on the National Geographic. Cradled in nature’s arms, Thekkady is beautiful in all seasons.
Here is a list of places to visit in Thekkady:
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary: If you are a wildlife enthusiast then the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is the right place. Abundant in wildlife that include elephants, wild boar, tiger, leopards, deer, and many others, Periyar is a must-visit.
- Murikkady: The curvaceous spice plantation at Murikkady will leave you spellbound. The place is known for more than 12 types of spices that are grown here. These include cardamom, clove, tea, vanilla, ginger, turmeric, and others.
- Kumily: Another destination that is well known for its aromatic spice gardens and tea plantations is Kumily. Serene surroundings and tranquil jungles make this a must-visit.
- Kadathanadan Kalari Center: The center is where you can experience the art of Kalaripayattu first hand.
- Elephant Junction Thekkady: Get up close and personal at the Elephant junction in Thekkady. Feed them, wash them or play with them the elephant junction lets you spend some glorious time with nature and wildlife.
- Other places to visit include Spring Valley Mountain, Mullaperiyar dam, Vandiperiyar, Anakkara, and many others.
Untouched, unspoiled natural beauty in all its glory that is Thekkady for you. The places to visit Thekkady take you on a delightful ride on the undulating green hills dotted with tea and coffee plantations and left fragrant by the spice gardens that enthrall the senses.