Places to Visit in Thailand:
A part of the South East Asian peninsula, Thailand is a favorite tourist destination for travelers from across the world. Known as Siam in ancient times, Thailand has a rich history and culture. A subtle mix of the Buddhist and Hindu cultures and religions, Thailand is a beautiful amalgamation of multiethnic, multicultural and multilingual diversity. As a tourist hub, there are many places to visit in Thailand.
Here is a list of the places to visit in Thailand:
- Floating Markets: The unusual floating markets of Thailand are on the top of the must visit places in Thailand. The Damnoen Saduak floating market, Taling Chan floating market, Tha Kha floating market, Ayutthaya Klong Sa Bua floating market, Amphawa floating market are some that go back a 100 years.
- Beaches: Thailand is known for its white sandy beaches. Surrounded by hills and dense forest cover these beaches emerge as precious gems. From scuba diving to snorkeling to fishing these beaches offer a plethora of activities too. Beaches at Krabi, Phi Phi Island, Mu Ko Ang Thong, Ko Lipe, Kao Tao, Ko Pha-Nigam and many others.
- Ayutthaya: The capital of Siam for more than 4 centuries, Ayutthaya is a historical marvel unto itself. The glorious past of the country can be seen in its ruins and monuments. It has been declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Chiang Mai Night Bazar: The bustling markets of Thailand are any shopper’s paradise. Choose from artefacts, handicrafts, clothing, shoes and souvenirs to take back at the Chiang Mai Night bazar.
- Other places include Koh Tao, Erawan National Park, Bangkok, numerous temples dotting the country and numerous other places.
The unmistakable link to the past is yet modern with its moon parties, exotic beaches and alluring floating markets, the wildlife and the bustling market places… places to visit in Thailand offer much on its beautiful platter.