Places to Visit in Saputara:
Nestled in the Sahyadaris lies the beautiful hill station of Saputara in the Dang district of Gujarat. The incensed landscapes, the undulant mountains, the spectacular waterfalls, and the lush green forests make up the picturesque hill station. Situated at a height of 875 meters above sea level, Saputara is a tourist destination for many weekend getaways. Though the literal meaning of the word Saputara might scare some, it means habitat of snakes and snakes are worshipped here by the tribals and the locals. Places to visit in Saputara will take your breath away with their enormous beauty, greenery and culture.
- Artist Village: Close to the Saputara Lake lies the Artist Village with its collection of artefacts, textiles, clothing, and many other things. Surrounded by the tribal areas inhabited by the Kunbi, Bhil, and Warli, it is a pleasure to visit.
- Hatgadh Fort: A dazzling fort built by Shivaji Maharaj, the Hatgadh fort has the most picturesque view.
- Vansda National Park: Covering an area of 24 sq km, the National park is home to the Tiger, Leopard, four-horned deer, rusty cat, giant squirrel, and many other animals and birds.
- Sunrise Point: Lying adjacent to Malegaon, lies this spectacular point to view sunrise over the lush landscape.
- Saputara Lake: A beautiful lake, ideal for some boating and bird watching, the Saputara lake is a must-visit.
- Gira falls: The roaring waterfalls rumbling down the 150 ft hills make for a spectacular view.
- Other places to visit in Saputara include the Saputara Museum, Purna Sanctuary, Nageshwar Mahadev Temple, Town Viewpoint, Saputara Tribal Museum, Step Garden and many others.
The places to visit in Saputara far exceed the ones listed above. It is a visual delight that needs to be experienced more than seen.
The town of Saputara is not very well connected. The only way to get here is by road. The closest railway station is the Waghai railway station. From there you have to take the road. The places to visit Saputara have to be reached by road as well.