Places to Visit in Odisha
Located on the eastern coast of the Indian peninsula, lies the state of Odisha. The state was known as Kalinga in the ancient times has a long tale of history attached to it. The state is known for its many temples, Buddhist shrines, heritage sites, and natural wonders. The places to visit in Odisha make the visit to the state worthwhile as it offers a glimpse into the rich heritage of not only the state but the country, the astonishing natural splendors and so much more.
Here is a list of the places to visit in Odisha:
- Bhubaneshwar: The capital of the state of Odisha is also known as the Temple city of India. A perfect amalgamation of modernity woven into the ancient culture of the city give Bhubaneshwar a definite edge. Places to visit include temples of Mukteswar, Brahmeswara, Parasurameswara, Lingaraj, Dhauli Hills, Udaygiri and Khandagiri caves and others.
- Konark: One of the wonders of the country, the Konark Temple is an architectural marvel. Beautiful carvings, art, and sculpture at the Konark Temple make it a must-visit.
- Cuttack: One of the oldest known cities on the eastern coast, Cuttack has numerous museums, lakes, forts and islands.
- Rourkela: The city of Rourkela is known as the steel city of the state courtesy the steel plant. The city also has many temples, Mandira Dam, Pitamahal dam and waterfalls like Badaghagra and Khandadhar.
- Other places include Chandipur, Pipli, Taptapani, Baripada, Sambalpur, Atri, Paradip, Barbil, Jeypore, Bargarh and numerous others.
Places to visit in Odisha includes a long list that includes majestic temples, biosphere reserves, museums, beaches and much more. The natural beauty of the state in its golden sun-kissed beaches, the idyllic Chilka lake and the numerous architectural splendor seen at the Konark temple and many others will leave you captivated.