Places to Visit in Mcleodganj:
Nestled in the lap of the mighty Himalayas lies the small and quiet town of Mcleodganj. The seat of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, the head of the Tibetan Buddhist clan, Mcleodganj is always bustling with activity. Places to visit in Mcleodganj also known as Little Lhasa are aplenty and you will be spoilt for choice. Wear your walking shoes and get ready to explore this jewel.
Here is a list of places to visit in Mcleodganj:
- Masroor Temple: Built in the 8th century, the Masroor temple is an exquisite example of Nagra Architecture. The intricate carvings on the monolithic rocks make it a masterpiece in its own right.
- Triund: Clear blue skies and twinkling stars are waiting for you if you like going on treks. The trek from Mcleodganj to Triund bring you face to face with the stunning beauty that nature has to offer and the destination at Triund is the epitome of all the idyllic landscapes.
- Bhagsu falls: The fierce river diving down the steep face of the hill as if bungee jumping, make for a spectacular sight at the Bhagsu falls. A favorite spot for visitors and locals alike, the Bhagsu falls are a must-visit.
- Nichung Monastery: Monasteries form an integral part of the Mcleodganj weave. One such is the Nichung Monastery located at Gangchen Kyishong below the Tibetan library.
- Indrahar Pass: Located at an altitude of 4342 meters, the Indrahar pass offers a great opportunity for trekkers to not only enjoy the trek but also the surrounding natural beauty.
- Other places include Vipassana Meditation center, St. John’s Church, Guna Devi Temple, Sunset point Naddi Village, Maharana Pratap Sagar Lake or Pong Dam Lake, Minkiani Pass, Namgyal Monastery and numerous others.
Tranquil landscapes, idyllic trekking trails, bountiful of natural beauty and the quaint sounds of the prayers floating in the slight breeze with the fluttering prayer flags make Mcleodganj an ideal destination to visit. The places to visit in Mcleodganj offer abundance in all walks of life.