Places to Visit in Madhya Pradesh:
The heart of India, Madhya Pradesh is not only steeped in history and has a zillion tales to tell but also boasts of abundant natural beauty. Wild jungle trails, places of religious worship and so much more Madhya Pradesh is not only to be seen but experienced. The places to visit in Madhya Pradesh offer you an insight into its many magical places that are rich in heritage and culture.
Here is a list of places to visit in Madhya Pradesh:
- Bhopal: The capital of Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal is known as the city of Lakes. Bhopal offers several places to visit which include historical palaces, museums and wild life reserves like no other.
- Gwalior: The mighty Scindia’s seat of power, Gwalior is an incredible city to visit. The Gwalior fort, Jai Vilas Palace, Mansingh Palace, numerous temples, Tansen tomb, and others are some of the few places that you can visit in Gwalior.
- Orchha: Immaculate Rajputana architecture is full splendor can be seen at this quaint little town that has stories of valor to tell of the Bundela Rajput’s who ruled here. Places of interest include Orchha fort, Raja Ram Temple, Raja Mahal, Chaturbhuj Temple, Dinman Hardaul’s Palace and many others.
- Indore: One of the fastest expanding cities in the state, Indore has a rich historical background. The Lal bagh Palace, Central Museum, Indore White Church and others are places to visit in Indore.
- Mandu: Known as Mandavgad, this ancient little town of Mandu has a rich historical background. The monuments are worth visiting and include places like the Hindola Mahal, Jahaz Mahal, Roopmati’s Pavilion, Hoshang Shah’s Tomb, Rewa Kund, and others.
- Other places include Chanderi, Khajuraho, Ujjain, Sanchi, Omkareshwar, Panchmarhi, Bandhavgarh, Pench, and others.
Prehistoric caves, ancient temples, the grandeur of forts and fortresses, magnificent topography and exciting wildlife trails, the places to visit in Madhya Pradesh offer all this and much more.