Places to Visit in Krabi:
Located on the west coast of Southern Thailand lies Krabi at the mouth of the River Krabi. The town thrives on tourism as a main source of income. A tropical monsoon climate, Krabi houses several national parks. With so much natural beauty, it is difficult to list the places to visit in Krabi but a sneak peek will help you get started in exploring the jewel that is Krabi.
Here is a list of the places to visit in Krabi:
- Railay Beaches and Caves: White sandy beaches, shimmering crystal clear waters… adjectives fall short of describing the beauty of Railay Beach and Caves.
- Thung Teao Forest Natural Park: Ethereal landscapes and surreal charm make the Thung Teao Natural Park a must visit. The beautiful landscapes are enthralling and the Emerald Pool give a heavenly feel to the entire place.
- Wat Tham Sua: Also known as Tiger Cave, the Wat Tham Sua is a labyrinth of caves in the thick of the tropical forest. The caves are quite spectacular in themselves as you can find monks meditating, the view from the top of the caves offer the most remarkable view too.
- Krabi Town: Despite the heavy influx of tourists, the small town of Krabi has managed to retain its old world charm and culture. The quaint cafes, fishing boats lined up at the dock, beautiful parks all add to the beauty of the town of Krabi.
- Krabi Shell Cemetary: Dating back to more than 40 million years ago, the Krabi shell cemetery is a 200m stretch of fossilized shells. A sight unto itself, the cemetery is one of its kind in the world.
- Phi Phi Islands: A scene straight out of the movies, Phi Phi Island is paradise on earth. The islands comprise of the Phi Phi Don and Phi Phi Leh, of which the former is most visited by travelers from across the world.
- Other places include Susan Hoi beaches, Khao Khanab Nam, Klong Thom hot springs, Jianta and numerous others.
Mangrove forests, limestone karsts, from adventure water sports to trekking, bird watching and so much more, the places to visit in Krabi provide you with an endless list to visit the place.