Places to Visit in Dwarka:
Travelling is an excellent way to rediscover yourself and the place too. It gives you a chance to explore the place you are visiting and getting to know its history and culture. Whether you undertake a religious and spiritual journey or an adventure trip, the end result is reconnoitering a new place. Dwarka is one such place that is steeped in mystery and is best known as the abode of Lord Krishna. Places to visit in Dwarka will set you on an exploratory and spiritual journey.
Here is a list of the places to visit in Dwarka:
- Dwarkadheesh Temple: The magnificent Dwarkadheesh Mandir is a 5 storey high main shrine with a 78 meters tall spire that is supported by 72 pillars. The temple has elaborate carvings that will surely leave you hypnotized.
- Nagehswar Jyotirlinga: Dedicated to Lord Shiva and assumed to be one of the first of the twelve jyotirlingas, the Nageshwar Jyotirlinga houses an 80 feet impressive statue of Shiva.
- Beyt Dwarka: This is considered to be the real abode of Lord Krishna, Beyt Dwarka is a must-visit. The holy temple and the ferry ride make the trip a memorable one. The various temples and shrines at Beyt Dwarka give it traveling a serene and spiritual high.
- Rukshmani Devi Mandir: The 12th century temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna’s wife Rukmini is an architectural marvel with its exquisite carvings and panels.
- Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple: Surrounded by the Arabian Sea, lie this quiet temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. The evening Aarti is a must to attend if you are visiting Dwarka.
- Other places include Sudama Setu, Dwarka Beach and Lighthouse, Dunny Point, Gita Mandir and numerous others.
One of the sacred cities in the Chaar Dhaam yatra places to visit in Dwarka offer several ancient temples, idyllic beaches and innumerable tales from Hindu mythology that will leave you spellbound.