Places to Visit in Bhuj:
Founded by Rao Hamir in 1510, Bhuj was the capital of Kutch region in Gujarat. It is one of the most enchanting cities in the state of Gujarat. A labyrinth of noisy streets interspersed with old palaces and market places. Gateway to the Rann of Kutch, Bhuj exudes an unparalleled natural beauty. It is a visitor’s paradise and the places to visit in Bhuj might not be innumerable but each will leave you with a lingering feeling of wanting a little bit more.
- White Desert: The salt desert stretches beautiful and pristine in all its glory. A must visit if you are in Bhuj.
- Aina Mahal: A part of the Darbargadh Palace, the Aina Mahal was built in 1752. The palace lost its top floor due to the massive earthquake but the rest is intact and restored.
- Sharad Baug Palace: The palace was made in the Italian style in 1867 and was the abode of the last Maharao of Kachch Madan Singh.
- Prag Mahal: A beautiful Darbar hall is all that remains of the Prag mahal. It was the largest of all the palaces within the darbargadh complex.
- Mandvi Beach: The serene setting of the beach attracts visitors from all over the country.
- Folk Art Museum: The museum carries some exquisite works of Kachchi art, musical instruments, wood and stone carvings and much more.
- Kachchh Museum: It is one of the oldest museums in the state of Gujarat. It has some beautiful pieces of textiles, weapons, sculptures, silverware and much more.
- Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary: The sanctuary is one of its kind spread over an area of 7506 sq km. It is the largest saline wetland.
- Rani Mahal: The Rani Mahal was built in the 17th century and has some beautiful latticed windows.
- Bhujia Hill: The hill has a beautiful Hindu temple.
- Kutch Fossil Park: The Fossils Rocks at Kutch are a must-visit at this archaeological site of prime importance.
- Other places to visit in Bhuj include Vande Mataram Memorial, Bhartiya Sanskriti Darshan Museum, Kranti Tirth for Shyamji Krishna Varma, Living and learning design center, Chari Dhand wetland conservation reserve, Banni grassland reserve and many others.
Places to visit in Bhuj will take you back the memory lane. The scenic beauty of the saline wetlands and the Rann of Kutch will leave you spellbound.