Places to Visit in Ahmedabad:
The largest city in the state of Gujarat, Ahmedabad has its roots in the 11th century when it was known as Ashwal. The year 1411 saw the establishment of the city as Ahmedabad which is located on the banks of the River Sabarmati. Ahmedabad is an educational, industrial and economic hub not only in the state but also in the country. The old Ahmedabad has been recognized as a World Heritage City. The places to visit in Ahmedabad bear witness to its antiquity and rich history.
Here is a list of the places to visit in Ahmedabad:
- Swaminarayan Temple: A 19th-century temple dedicated to Shri Swaminarayan, the temple has many green and yellow colored sculptures of Hindu Gods and Goddesses.
- Dada Hari Wav: The beautiful step well was made in 1499 AD by a woman in Sultan Begara’s harem, the baoli is a spectacular site in itself.
- Sabarmati Ashram: The place of worldly pilgrimage, the Museum was once the residence of Mahatma Gandhi and his wife Kasturba Gandhi. The Mahatma started his Dandi March from the premises and also houses some rare artifacts belonging to the political scion.
- World Vintage Car Museum: The vintage car museum is a private collection of some masterpieces of the automobile industry like Austin, Cadillac, Jaguar, Bentley, Rolls Royce and many others.
- Kankaria Lake: The Lake is a favorite place to hangout for family and friends.
- Hathisingh Jain Temple: The exquisite architecture of the temple is breathtaking. The temple is dedicated to the 15th Tirthankara of Jains.
- Sidi Saiyyed Mosque: The undisputable symbol of the city of Ahmedabad, the intricately carved lattice stone window of the Sidi Sayeed Mosque is beautiful.
- Jhulta Minar: The mysteries of the technologies of the yesteryears that still can’t be explained today are evident at the Jhulta Minar. It is difficult to explain why, when one minaret is shaken, the other one starts shaking too on its own?? A place worth visiting in Ahmedabad.
- Other places to visit in Ahmedabad include Law Garden Night Market, Vaishnodevi Temple, Bhadra Fort, Teen Darwaza, Manek Chowk, Kamla Nehru Zoo, Calico Textile Mill and many others.
Places to visit in Ahmedabad are aplenty. If you’re visiting Ahmedabad, make sure you have great walking shoes to explore the beautiful city.