Places to Visit Around Bangalore:
An amalgamation of the old and the new, Bengaluru or Bangalore of the yonder days is the capital of the state of Karnataka. A cosmopolitan city that easily assimilates the local and the migratory population, Bengaluru has historical beginnings in 1537 CE under the Vijayanagar Empire. Its title of being the Silicon Valley of India adds to its multi-cultural outlook. It is one of the most progressive cities in the country. Places to visit around Bangalore give the city its distinct feature. Known as the garden city, Bangalore has much more to offer than just parks.
Here is a list of places to visit around Bangalore:
- Cubbon Park is to Bangalore what Central Park is to New York. A lush 120-hectare garden is an oasis for visitors and locals alike.
- National Gallery of Modern Art is housed in a century old mansion.
- Opera House is a must visit place in Bangalore that has been restored to its former glory with some very advanced technology that adds to its glamour.
- HAL Aerospace Museum and heritage center gives a peek into the aeronautical history of the country.
- Karnataka Chitrakala Parisath is a must visit if you’re in Bangalore to get a glimpse of the contemporary modern art and the folk and tribal art as well.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden is home to centuries old trees. The gardens were laid out by Haider Ali in 1760.
- Nandi Temple is a beautiful monolith of Shiva’s bull Nandi and is a must visit.
- St. Mark’s Cathedral is a must-visit for its ornate carvings and architecture.
- Bangalore Palace is a private residence of the erstwhile rulers of Mysore state the Wodeyars.
- Bangalore Fort is now merely the ruins of the fort built in 1761 and is a must-visit.
- Vidhana Soudha is an architectural masterpiece that houses the state legislature and is the seat of power of the state of Karnataka.
- State Central Library is a red gothic style library near Cubbon Park.
- Jamia Masjid is one of the most impressive structures of Bangalore dedicated to Tipu Sultan and made in 1940.
- Venkataraman Temple is a beautifully ornate temple that dates back to 1689.
- Swee Dodda Ganapathi Temple with its mammoth Ganesh idol is a must visit.
- Venkatappa Art Gallery is a must-visit if you want to see the grandeur of the Wodeyars translated into paintings and murals.
- Bannerghatta National Park is an endowed park with its immense flora and fauna.
Places to visit around Bangalore leave you spell bound with their splendor and magnificence. Be it a park or a historical building, Bangalore is a beautiful blend of the modern and the timeworn.