PDO Recruitment 2019:
The Panchayat Development Officer or the PDO is one of the most crucial links in the Indian rural system of the Panchayati Raj. Responsible for the overall growth and development of the area under him, the PDO wields a lot of power and authority. The Karnataka state government has released a notification for job opportunities for PDO recruitment 2019.
Here is a list of vacancies at the PDO recruitment 2019:
- Panchayat Development Officer (PDO)
- Gram Panchayat Secretary (GPS) Grade-I
|Name of the Post||No. of posts|
|Panchayat Development Officers (for 24 districts)||638|
|Panchayat Development Officers (for Hyderabad – Karnataka Region)||177|
|Gram Panchayat Secretary (Grade I) for 24 districts||638|
|Gram Panchayat Secretary (Grade I) for Hyderabad – Karnataka Region||171|
Job Location: Karnataka
Educational qualification: The interested candidates must possess a degree of graduation from a recognized university or institute in India.
Age limit: 18 years to 35 years. The age relaxation rules are as per the government of India. The maximum age should be as follows:
- Category-1, Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribe candidates: 40 years.
- For Category -2A, 2B, 3A, 3B= 38 years.
- For general category= 35 years.
Selection procedure: The candidates have to appear for a written examination followed by an interview.
Interested candidates can apply online at the official website www.rdpr.kar.nic.in for all the details. The mode of application is online.
Application fee: The candidates have to pay an application fee to apply for the post of PDO. The application fee is as follows:
- General, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B candidates: For Single post= Rs. 500/-; For Both posts= Rs. 750/-.
- Cat-1/ SC/ ST/ Physically Handicapped and Ex-Servicemen Categories: For Single post: Rs. 250/-; For Both posts: Rs. 400/-.
- PDO: 20000/- to 36300/- per month
- Gram Panchayat Secretary Grade I: 14550/- to 26700/- per month.
Here’s how to apply for the vacancy: The candidate must log in to the official website and go through the details of the job notification. The application has to be duly filled and the scanned copies of the documents, photographs, and signature have to be uploaded. The candidate must pay the application fee and submit the completed form before the last date.
PDO recruitment 2019 can be checked online for any further queries.