PCS Exam Pattern:
The UPPSC or the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is the agency responsible for conducting the PCS exam to recruit Group A and Group B officers in the State Administrative Services. The PCS exam pattern has undergone a sea change ever since it began. Many changes have been introduced to make the selection process easy and transparent.
Here are the details of the PCS exam pattern:
The UPPSC PCS exam consists of 3 stages, these include the following:
- Preliminary exam: The exam consists of 2 papers which comprise multiple choice objective questions.
- Main exam: The exam consists of 8 papers which consist of essay type descriptive questions.
|General-Studies 1st Paper||200||2 hours|
|General Studies 2nd Paper||200||2 hours|
- The preliminary exam will be a written pen and paper test on OMR sheets.
- The preliminary exam will consist of multiple choice objective questions.
- The exam will consist of 2 papers which are compulsory.
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours each.
- The total marks of the exam will be 200 marks each.
- The preliminary exam will comprise of the following:
- Paper 1: 150 questions
- Paper 2: 100 questions
- Paper 2 will be a qualifying paper, wherein the candidate will have to secure a minimum of 33% to qualify for the main exam.
- Marking scheme is as follows:
- There will be 0.33% negative marking for every incorrect answer given.
- Filling multiple circles for the same question on the OMR sheet would be taken as an incorrect answer
- There is no negative marking for questions left unanswered.
|4th & 5th Paper||600|
|6th , 7th, 8th and 9th Paper||1200|
- The Main exam is a conventional written examination.
- The exam will comprise of descriptive essay type questions.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours each and will be conducted over a week’s duration.
For any further queries or details regarding PCS exam pattern check the website at http://uppsc.up.nic.in/ .