OPSC Exam Pattern:
The Orissa Public Service Commission (OPSC) is responsible for conducting the Civil Services exam in the state. The OPSC exam is modelled on the Civil Services exam conducted by the UPSC in India. The OPSC exam helps to recruit eligible candidates to the state administrative machinery. The OPSC exam pattern is essential for a thorough preparation of the exam.
The OPSC exam consists of 3 stages. These include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- Personal interview
OPSC Preliminary exam pattern:
- The preliminary OPSC exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The candidates are provided with an OMR sheet to mark the answers to the questions asked.
- The preliminary exam consists of 2 papers, i.e., general studies paper 1 and paper 2
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours/ 120 minutes each.
- The weightage of the exam is 200 marks each.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- Correct answer: + 1 marks
- Incorrect answer: – 0.25 marks will be deducted
- The candidate must secure at least 33% as qualifying cut off in Paper 2.
|Type of Exam||Subjects||Marks||Duration|
|Objective||General Studies Paper I||200||2 Hours|
|General Studies Paper II||200||2 Hours|
OPSC Main exam pattern:
- The main exam is a pen and paper based offline examination.
- The exam consists of descriptive questions.
- The exam consists of 5 compulsory papers and 4 optional papers.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours each for every paper.
- The total weightage of the exam is 2600 marks.
- The candidate must choose 2 subjects as optional papers.
|Conventional (Written/Descriptive Type)||Paper I||Odia Language||300||3 Hours|
|Paper II||English||300||3 Hours|
|Paper III||English Essay||200||3 Hours|
|Paper IV||General Studies I||300||3 Hours|
|Paper V||General Studies II||300||3 Hours|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject I||300||3 Hours|
|Paper VII||300||3 Hours|
|Paper VIII||Optional Subject II||300||3 Hours|
|Paper IX||300||3 Hours|
OPSC personal interview:
- The interview is conducted only for those candidates who clear the main exam.
- The weightage of the interview is 250 marks.
For any further details regarding OPSC exam pattern check the website at www.opsc.gov.in .