After every five consecutive years, elections are conducted in India. It is the core responsibility of the citizens of our country to go and vote to get the ideal leader. To go and give votes to the leaders during elections, an individual need a Voter’s ID Card as an identity to prove they are eligible to vote. The voter ID card is authorized by the Government of India as an identification proof. Once you apply for the card, you can check the voter ID status online. To check online voter id card status the steps are given below:
Steps to check your voter id card status – 2018
- Log on to the national voter’s service portal: ( http://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/trackstatus)
- Enter ‘Reference ID’ that you got at the time of Voter ID Registartion & Form No.
- Click on ‘Track Status’ (Voter ID Status).
- The status of your Voter ID will be displayed on the screen.
You can use the reference number that you have been provided while submitting Form 8 (online or offline), you can follow the steps mentioned below to check for the correction status:
- Visit http://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/trackstatus– The official website of National Voters Services Portal that provides a wide range of Voter ID related services.
- Enter the reference number that you obtained during the Form 8 submission (online or offline). You will need to make sure that the reference number is correct and doesn’t have incorrect letters or numbers.
- Click on ‘Track Status’ to see the results – Depending on the progress of your application, you will be able to view various types of status results.
- If the application is not processed and it is in a pending status, you can bookmark the page to visit later.
- You can also track the status of your Voter ID by calling 1950 from your BSNL or MTNL telephone.
You can check the status for Voter Card Correction of your Form 8 application by just following these simple steps. The process for correcting a voter ID card takes around 2 to 3 weeks. You will be required to provide necessary documents (physical copies for offline submission and scanned copies for online submissions) in order to request for voter ID correction(s).