Odisha B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019-20:
The Directorate of Nursing is responsible for all admissions and courses being run in various colleges in the state of Odisha. The Directorate organizes and manages all the admissions of the candidates every year. The colleges include the Govt. College of Nursing, Behrampur and private colleges recognized by the Indian Nursing council. The Odisha B.Sc Nursing admission 2019-20 is also conducted by the Directorate.
Here are the details of the Odisha B.Sc Nursing admission 2019-20:
Date of release of application form for B.sc Nursing: 10th September 2019
Last date to submit completed application form with the application fee: 30th September 2019
Document verification: 14th to 17th October 2019
Date of entrance examination: 10th November 2019
- The candidate will be chosen on the basis of merit list prepared on the basis of career marks. This is obtained by adding 50% of the aggregate marks secured in HSC/10th & 50% of the aggregate marks secured in Physics, Chemistry, Biology in 10+2 /12th class examinations.
- The selection is based on the merit secured in the entrance examination which is of 3 hours duration. The examination will contain 150 MC Questions based on subjects taught in GNM curricula.
- If two or more candidates secure equal marks then they will be chosen on the following criteria:
- The candidate securing a higher aggregate in the GNM exam.
- Depending on the date of birth, the older candidate will be given preference for admission than the younger one.
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age as on 31st December 2019
- The candidate must have passed class 12th with PCB from CHSE, Odisha or any equivalent board/ council/ university.
- The candidate must have passed class 12th with PCB from NIOS with a minimum 45% marks.
- The candidate must have passed PCB and English exams respectively in class 12th with a minimum 45% marks.
- The candidate must be a native/ permanent resident / domicile of the state of Odisha.
- The candidate must be Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife of ONMC or equivalent to any other State Nursing council.