OAS Exam Pattern:
The Odisha Administrative Services or the Odisha Civil Service Exam is conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC). Candidates selected by the OAS exam join as Group A and Group B services of the state government machinery. The OAS exam pattern and syllabus helps candidates prepare in accordance with the paper that comes.
Here are the details of the OAS exam pattern:
Date of registration of application form: 13th November 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 10th December 2019
Tentative date of examination: January 2020
OAS exam pattern:
The OAS consists of primarily 3 stages, these include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- Personality test/ interview
- The preliminary exam comprises of multiple choice objective questions.
- The prelim exam consists of 2 papers, i.e., paper 1 and paper 2.
- Paper 1: This consists of questions from general studies. The duration of the paper is 2 hours/ 120 minutes. The maximum marks of the paper is 200 marks. The candidate must secure merit as the marks of this paper determines the merit for the main exam.
- Paper 2: This consists of questions from general aptitude. The duration of the paper is 2 hours/ 120 minutes. The maximum marks for the paper is 200 marks. Candidates must secure a minimum 33% in this paper for the evaluation of paper 1.
- The marking scheme include negative marking.
Incorrect answer: 1/4th marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
|1||General Studies I||200|
|2||General Studies II||200|
- The OPSC fixes a prelims cutoff that decides the number of candidates eligible for the main exam.
- The main exam is a convention pen and paper test.
- The main exam consists of 5 compulsory papers and 2 optional papers.
- The duration of each paper is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- Each optional subject will have 2 papers each.
- The format of paper 1 and paper 2 will be as per the matriculation level. These will be of qualifying nature.
- The format of the optional papers will be of graduation level.
|Paper – I||Odia Language||300 Marks|
|Paper – II||English||300 Marks|
|Paper – III||English Essay||200 Marks|
|Paper – IV||General Studies-I||300 Marks|
|Paper – V||General Studies-II||300 Marks|
|Paper – VI, VII,VIII & IX||
Any two subjects to be|
selected from the list of
optional subjects set out
below. Each subject will
have two papers.
|300 Marks for each paper|
The candidates who secure merit in the main exam are called for the personality test/ interview. For any further details or queries regarding OAS exam pattern check the website at www.opsc.gov.in .